Thursday, May 13, 2010

G Minor Pentatonic, 6th String Root with the Minor Pentatonic Scale Formula


Created a couple of Pentatonic Scales for my study. I have a G Minor Pentatonic, 6th String Root with the Minor Pentatonic Scale Formula on it. I actually think it's starting to drill in my head which is a lot for someone like me with no musical background or skill. My basic plan includes hitting my head against the wall until something sticks. And finally something is sticking. To celebrate, I created these Pentatonic Scale Graphics to show the toehold I've got now. This first Scale, the Minor Pentatonic Scale consists of five notes. In this minor Pentatonic Scale I have the Root (R) , the flatted 3d Note, the 4th Note, the 5th Note and the flatted 7th Note of the scale. Additionally there is the fact that this uses one of the five Pentatonic Patterns, it uses the first pattern. Very cool indeed. Part of why I mention that it's something to grasp onto and a great help in being able to learn the notes of the neck. It is a help because I can take the Scale Formula and in the position the graphic is at - the G Minor Pentatonic Scale and I am able to see the notes across the Fretboard in this instance. Along with this memorizing the notes along the sixth string makes sense. And then the notes along the fifth string also makes sense. By that time you can actually internalize the note structure and find the notes to the fourth string, the third string, second and first which is a mirror of the sixth string. Most excellent. This chart and a bunch of other guitar charts I've done can be found at the TrueFire.com Forum where all manner of better guitarists than me reside in their nongigging time. Well worth your time to go and see and learn from. If you like my charts which are suitable for printing and taping up to the walls of your practice area, give them a look. This chart is one you can click on and make bigger. From there, a save to your harddrive and printing up and there you go. Hope you find it as interesting as I did. And for the course this is derived from please check out the most excellent 'Efficient Guitarist' by Marc Schonbrun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home