Friday, May 07, 2010

A small tiff with Charles of LGF -

My first post expressing my disagreement with sending kids home who came to school on Cinco de Mayo who had the gall to wear American themed clothing: An incomplete version since it's hard to find everywhere folks have said said nasty things to you.

Cinco de Mayo is a social holiday here in the United States, not a national holiday or a day of remembrance or any sacred religious holiday. It's a drinking holiday like Mardi Gras is a holiday in the United States - it's a Drinking Holiday! This crap about offending some group of Americans here by wearing American Themed clothing is ridiculous. Its America, the United States of America - we don't take our flag down because Mexico has a holiday or France or Italy or Ireland has a holiday. In fact - those groups as much as they celebrate their heritage here also celebrate their American heritage. Columbus Day has Italian and American flags flying, St. Patrick's Day has Irish and American flags flying, it's only here where we have a group of people hostile to America that we have the fear of 'offending' them by showing our American Flags on their drinking holiday. That's all you need to know here, and it's all the more reason to fly those flags and wear those cloths on the Mexican drinking holiday. If you don't like or are offended by American flags in America then I've a got a door for you and don't let your butt hit it on the way out.


By Windupbird

re: #564 gadlaw

why do nativist conservative types always wear hats like the one in your avatar? Is it the appearance of noble toughness?


re: #454 celticdragon

I have to agree. If the school is going to send kids home who wear tee shirts with national flags...then send them all home, including those with Mexican flags.

Exactly what those folks said. It's America, American holidays are celebrated, others are noted and every one of these ethnic drinking holidays are celebrated all around with Columbus Day Italian and American Flags, St Patrick's Day with Irish and American Flags, Octoberfest with German and American Flags, Mardi Gras with French and American Flags and any others I'm forgetting. It's a celebration of culture, National foods and drink not this Declaration of Independence of Mexicans from the laws and culture of the United States that it's become thanks to the nonsense spouting PC crowd. If Hispanic people are offended by American flags then they don't seem to be assimilating to the country as every other ethnic group has and they need to consider going back to where they emigrated from and where they can go throw rocks at the American Flag like everyone else does. Charles is way off base here and fundamentally flawed in his analysis, such as it is.


As usually happens when I bother to type in a comment at LGF, I'm attacked for my point of view. Fair enough. Of course it would be fair if the attacks ever reached the substance of my points but that's not the way the LGF folks roll. It's always a variation of the personal insult. Here we have the main guy, "Charles" giving me the business and like someone who likes violence and cocks his arm back asking if I 'want to be hit' when it's him who wants to do the hitting. He asks if I want to be banned. Banned for disagreeing and not providing the proper level of subservience to this particular Nero in his Rome. Also with his 'flounce' comment he's saying I'm gay. Previously he said I was a closeted bigot. Calling someone a bigot of course is a argument ender. If you are a bigot or a Racist there is no reason to address the substance of the arguments. The argument is whether or not it was proper for the School Authorities at Live Oak High School in sending home the students who came to school with America themed clothing on Cinco de Mayo. He thought it was and I thought it wasn't.

re: #738 Charles

Was that a flounce? I'll be happy to block your account if that's what you're asking me to do.


Flounce? I think I have a Bingo now. Yes indeed, I've been called a racist, a bigot, a Republican, a Democrat now I'm gay. Great. And threatened with banning for saying what I believe to be the truth. Do whatever you want, it's your fiefdom here. And you prove my point again, you've spent so much time dealing with skinheads, Islamists and the extremes of both sides that your reflexive answer to my points is that I'm either bigoted or gay.

I come here because you usually provide more light than smoke and I usually can agree with your analysis and conclusions or at least understand you point of view. In this case, getting back to what I think the issue is - the practical way to assimilate is to not have authority figures - the school administration, kowtow to what are in fact racist sentiments of the Hispanics who have taken Cinco de Mayo and turned it into a day not to celebrate Hispanic heritage but to separate and intimidate nonhispanics. Having experienced racism myself by white people who consider me too Hispanic and by Hispanics who consider me too white your viewpoint seems to me to be naive.

As long as the idea is to have people in this country act as "Americans" with the spectrum of American political and cultural viewpoints, then we should not condone things which tend to Balkanize us. Cinco de Mayo is as culturally relevant as St. Patrick's Day and should be celebrated exactly that way. As it now, it's a day of confrontation and kicking kids out of school for wearing clothing with American flag themes on them on this 'special day' and it only does exactly what has happened - making it a flashpoint and a confrontation. My grandmother, who was born in the US, spoke mostly Spanish and spoke spanish to me. Her children went to school and learned English and to be American and were successful in life. If this nonsense was going on then I doubt very much that any of that would have happened. The well meaning liberal ideas of how to deal with these things does more harm than good.

And here is another response by a good lap dog at that site - like the guys who save internet Maidens in Distress there are those who rise to the defense of their fearless leader. This guy took offense at me noting the 'you're gay' slander with a helpful bit of knowledge that 'everyone knows' about 'flounce' being something other than a gay slur. And in the end he helpfully mentioned that while I'm not gay, I'm a mentally ill troll.

re: #777 WindUpBird

You understand that "flounce" has nothing to do with gay anything, it's a slang term on blogs, and this one in particular, that means you threw a digital tantrum about the direction the blog was taking or the opinions expressed therin, spilled all your walnuts over the internet, and left.

As for me, I'm actually gay, a REAL LIVE HOMO ON THE INTERNET, so please don't try and pull some OH NO I WAS CALLED GAY concern troll bullshit like that here, it's just going to be mocked. You weren't called gay, you were accused of being a whiner. Which you are.

You have the most entertaining persecution complex I've seen in some time, congratulations, you must be very proud.


Thanks kindly for the proper slang blog term for flounce. I have never seen it used as anything other than a term used against gay people or people you want to accuse of being gay and as a way to belittle and minimize someone. It doesn't have anything to do with you being gay, congratulations on being comfortable with yourself and best of luck. I don't spend a lot of time reading when insults are traded back and forth so perhaps you are right as to the 'special' meaning of that term on blogs. As for whining, you know, when you provide a answer to someone's rhetorical question and you don't like the answer I guess 'whining' is a good enough term to use also when you have nothing to say to the point. Another way to dismiss the point being made. Why would I whine and why would I care? I express my point of view, rather than argue the point your basic form of discussion is to slander or otherwise attempt to belittle someone. When they point that out, call them whiners. But you saying so doesn't make it so. And now, again rather than discuss the points, you diagnose me a mental illness. Very entertaining and more reflective of you than me. I give my point of view, give my reasons for having my point of view. The thoughtful response is that I'm a gay bigot racist - I'm paraphrasing and shortening to the salient points here. I'm not saying please feel sorry for me or woe is me, I'm saying that's the level of discussion here. That's my opinion. Not trolling, just not letting the slanders just sit there unanswered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home