Thursday, July 07, 2005

Microsoft Downgrades Claria Adware Detections

Microsoft Downgrades Claria Adware Detections: "By Ryan Naraine

"

I hate Microsoft. I hate that I have to fight any of their products when I have to install them for any reason. I hate having to immediately go into the options of say, Microsoft Media Player since it defaults to make itself the main thing on your computer. I have to uncheck those damned drm 'features' they try to put on everything. I hate that it defaults to check back with Microsoft every day. It is in fact spyware itself. It wants to report back to Microsoft on everything you watch and listen too. If that isn't the definition of spyware I don't know what is. And if I didn't need it to listen to the Tour de France I wouldn't have the thing on my computer. It's just the Borg like way of Microsoft. So this article comes at no surprise whatsoever. The Microsoft antivirus checker - one they bought from someone else rather than developing one - now sees any of that Claria/Gator stuff as not spyware. Well how amazing. Microsoft happens to be in discussions for either a buyout or a partnership with that other evil spyware company (my own opinion) and so while Claria/Gator is seen as spyware by every other spyware detecting software it isn't seen as such by Microsoft's antispyware software. So why on earth would you trust Microsoft to be your antispyware software? No good reason since they aren't there for you to protect you from spyware. Use Ad-Aware and Spybot and give Microsoft Giant Antispyware the boot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home