Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Bush meets with Dalai Lama

My Way News:

I'm happy to see that President Bush has met with the Dalai Lama at the White House. He has done so ten days before going to Beijing to meet with the Chinese government. It's commendable and keeps the pressure on China with regard to Tibet and pokes a finger in their eyes over the lie that Tibet is a part of China. I'm happy to see it, it it a brief look back at a time that never really existed where ideals and morals had some sway in politics. Back to the day when the United States at least made the right words about supporting freedom and opposing tyranny. The United States should be on the side of Tibet. Unfortunately I think this showing has more to do with the idea of 'shoring up the base' as that idea goes. I don't know. I think that when Bush goes to China in ten days he will make the deals with the Chinese as per the money and trade, perhaps something about terrorism but not a word about Tibet. That's what I think. If there is anything else I'd be surprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home